Thursday, January 29, 2009

Learning To Network Is It To Find That Special Person Or To Really Business Network

Writen by Sandra Valente

In the last several years I have come to realize how important it is to network. I have worked with many different people over the last few years and I always make sure to stay in touch with them.

It is important not only because you may need their help in order to get a job but also to help you meet other people that can help you in your current situation.

I carry my business cards with me ALL the time. I don't miss an opportunity to network:

1) I was at the doctor the other day because I had food poisoning and I made sure to introduce myself to a "Pharmaceutical sales person" and hand them one of my business cards.

2) I went to my friends wedding several weeks ago even though I was in the bridal party and had no where to keep the business cards; I still had them... believe it or not found a way, where there is a will there is a way.

3) Last week I took photos of a "sweet 15th birthday party." Not only had I handed business cards to the owner of the hall, but also to the DJ and other business professionals (Real Estate Agent, Consultants, etc)

If you are starting a business make sure that you feel comfortable in approaching people and talking about what you do. You speak to one person and tell them your idea. They may know someone, who knows someone that could use your service. It's all about how you present yourself out there. Make a good impression, be friendly and always smile!!! Don't miss an opportunity because you may never have that chance again.

Happy Networking !!!

I have a business networking website, so if you are looking to increase your sales leads please visit, http://www.trade-pals.com, and start increasing your leads today!!

No comments: