Sunday, February 22, 2009

When Quoton Demandquot Means On Demand And Its Link To Virtual Communities

Writen by Stuart Oliver

Spontaneity is good, but doesn't work for all of us. If you must live by a schedule and have predictability and preciseness then this may not be for you.

How about a social networking platform, that runs on your mobile, and matches car drivers and car riders for car pooling? No planning, no fixed pickup and drop-off, it's all on the fly.
I think that this is a great idea, although I can imagine that taxi drivers might not feel the same way(!).
Let's go a step further. Let's think community, after all that's what the future is all about. Let's use the networking platform to create communities around geographic locations, social interests etc. Now we're getting there.

There is a fairly obvious social risk here and that is that there are bound to be some freaks out there who misuse the service. This shouldn't stop it though, there are freaks everywhere and there always will be - time spent trying to prevent this happening will be time wasted, much like the time (and millions) spent by software companies trying to protect their software only to have licence keys cracked within minutes of release.

Here's another example of a great idea that I wish I'd had ;)
The good thing here is that there is no reason why this concept can't be completely transferable - anywhere. Welcome to the offering from Mobi53 and it's CTO Felipe Albertao;

"Mobi53 enables last-minute person-to-person transactions through mobile technology"

My background and experience is mainly project management within diverse environments such as large corporate financial institutions, medium-sized technology consultancies and smaller start-ups. Having held positions including Operations Director (COO) and Head of Process Management, I recently decided that the time is right to take a calculated risk and leave corporate life for good…the entrepreneurial side of my character is prevailing.

My focus is on becoming an "Un-natural Entrepreneur". I want to work with people and companies that have vision. I can offer key values and skills to help bring your ideas to fruition. If you are a "starter", then I am your "finisher". My approach to a challenge is to clarify, understand, problem-solve, develop and deliver.

To take an idea or concept through from its inception to its execution requires a consultative approach - a partnership. I am a rational and pragmatic thinker and can work within an existing management structure, or create a new management team through my extensive network

No comments: