Saturday, July 26, 2008

Network Business Contact Data Bases Considered

Writen by Lance Winslow

Over the years I have run local businesses and multi-State operations as a franchise system. One thing I learned early on in my 20s was that networking works at the local level and later I realized that networking at the National Level works well too.

Why does networking work so well and why have social networks on the Internet surpassed all other websites now? Well it is simple because networking and such socialization is indeed an innate way that humans interact. Call it primate politics if you will?

One thing I learned over the years is to make huge databases of the people you meet and all you can about what they do, their hobbies, contacts, business interests and location. Why? Well you just never know when you might need them or you will run across something that they need.

About 10-years ago I established a larger network of my closest and smartest business allies. I called it my Founder's Round Table and actually sent out a newsletter to each person once per month as to what we were doing.

It turned out to be one of the smartest things I ever did; Too many examples of unanticipated synergies to even mention. Over the years my regular database filled up my Palm Pilots memory completely and that data base too became a Gods Send. Please consider all this in 2006 to help you with your networking.

Lance Winslow - Online Think Tank forum board. If you have innovative thoughts and unique perspectives, come think with Lance; www.WorldThinkTank.net/wttbbs/

No comments: